“Baikonur 97” explores immigration and the duality of identities through the use of my family’s photographic archive. The piece presents a surreal narrative that critiques and parodies the negative reports immigration receives nowadays on mass media, where migrants are often presented as “a plague of invaders and aliens”.
“Baikonur 97” on Show:
- Odesa Photo Days, Odesa, Ukraine: Apr 23rd-29th 2018
- MSUV, M. of Contemporary Art Vojvodina, Novi Sad, Serbia: Dec 2017.
- Mazda Space Barcelona: Oct 14th-31st, 2017.
- Photogenic Festival (New Talent Winner): Sept 29th-Oct 13th, 2017.
- Les Rencontres de La Photographie d’Arles, BYOPaper 2017.
Previous / Home / Next